Sloppy Joe Wagon Wheels Recipe
Sloppy joe sauce gives a bit of sweetness to prepared spaghetti sauce in this meaty mixture that Lou Ellen McClinton serves over pasta wheels. "My family and friends like it and don't realize how easy it is to make," says the Jacksonville, North Carolina cook.
- 1 package (16 ounces) wagon wheel pasta
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (28 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 jar (15-1/2 ounces) sloppy joe sauce
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and sloppy joe sauce; cook until heated through.
- 2. Drain pasta; transfer to a large serving bowl; top with beef mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 461 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 841 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 31 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC