Sloppy joe sauce gives a bit of sweetness to prepared spaghetti sauce in this meaty mixture that Lou Ellen McClinton serves over pasta wheels. "My family and friends like it and don't realize how easy it is to make," says the Jacksonville, North Carolina cook.
- 1 package (16 ounces) wagon wheel pasta
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (28 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 jar (15-1/2 ounces) sloppy joe sauce
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and sloppy joe sauce; cook until heated through.
- Drain pasta; transfer to a large serving bowl; top with beef mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sloppy Joe Wagon Wheels in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p40
Reviews for Sloppy Joe Wagon Wheels
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review