Sloppy Joe Under a Bun Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) sloppy joe sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in sloppy joe sauce. Transfer to a lightly greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with cheese.
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, eggs and milk just until blended. Pour over cheese; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Sloppy Joe Under a Bun
Sort By :
I made this last night and it was a huge hit! I used 2 lbs of beef (by mistake, I forgot I wanted to save half for another meal) so I increased the bisquick and we had plenty leftover for another night. And that was after 3 out the 4 of us had seconds! Next time I make it, I think I'll double the recipe and freeze half of the meat mixture for later. Then I can just thaw it, add the cheese and Bisquick and have a quick, satisfying dinner on a busy night.
This is a simple and tasty recipe that feeds a crowd. I would definitely make it again- it was a real people pleaser!
The beef part was very good but was overpowered by the too large amount of bread. Next time I'll use less.
Good concept, turned out perfectly but the taste was a disappointment. Our family isn't the kind that likes everything super hot or spicy but we found this to be very bland. If I wanted to try this again I would have change the seasoning a lot.
My grandchildren love this recipe. So much so, that I double the ingredients to make a larger batch. I do add extra sauce, the kids love the sloppiness of the dish...