Here's an easy way to serve up the flavor of sloppy joes in a one-dish dinner. It's great to come home to aroma of this flavorful entree simmering in the slow cooker. —Karla Wiederholt, Cuba City, Wisconsin
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) sloppy joe sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, soup, egg, salt and pepper. Spread into a lightly greased 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in sloppy joe sauce. Spoon over potato mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 4-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sloppy Joe Supper in Simple & Delicious March/April 2006, p60
Reviews for Sloppy Joe Supper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review