Sloppy Joe Supper Recipe
Here's an easy way to serve up the flavor of sloppy joes in a one-dish dinner. It's great to come home to aroma of this flavorful entree simmering in the slow cooker. —Karla Wiederholt, Cuba City, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours YIELD:8 servings
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) sloppy joe sauce
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, soup, egg, salt and pepper. Spread into a lightly greased 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in sloppy joe sauce. Spoon over potato mixture.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 4-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup equals 364 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 1,004 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC