Sloppy Joe Supper
Here's an easy way to serve up the flavor of sloppy joes in a one-dish dinner. It's great to come home to aroma of this flavorful entree simmering in the slow cooker. —Karla Wiederholt, Cuba City, Wisconsin
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) sloppy joe sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, soup, egg, salt and pepper.
- Spread into a lightly greased 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large skillet,
- cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in sloppy joe sauce. Spoon over potato mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 4-1/2 hours or until a thermometer
- reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 364 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 1,004 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein.