Sloppy Joe Stew
This old-fashioned stew has a slightly sweet taste from the addition of canned corn. You can make the stew ahead of time and reheat it for a quick meal later on. - Clair Long, Destrehan, Louisiana
6 ServingsPtrep: 10 min. Cook: 1-1/4 hours
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over
- medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 1 hour or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 6
Serve additional hot pepper sauce on the side for folks who want a little more "kick" to their Sloppy Joe Stew.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 357 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 587 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.