Sloppy Joe Stew Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Stir in the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Serve additional hot pepper sauce on the side for folks who want a little more "kick" to their Sloppy Joe Stew.
1 each: 357 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 587mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Sloppy Joe Stew
"It's very tasty. Its the kind of soup you make once in a while. Its not good to make over and over again"