- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- In a saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the ketchup, water, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic powder, onion powder and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes. Serve on buns. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Sloppy Joe Sandwiches
"This is a terrific recipe! The only thing I changed was in place of 1 c ketchup, i used 3/4 c ketchup and 1/4 c bbq sauce. I'll double the recipe next time. It's really good."
"The entire family enjoyed this...even our picky 2 year old ate it! It was a very simple and delicious recipe. Easy for work night dinner. I doubled it and after reading reviews only put 2 tbsp of water and it was perfect!"
"Awesome-everyone loved it! Different from other recipes. Yummy!"
"This is terrific. I prefer it less sweet, with about 1 teaspoon brown sugar, but that's just me. Thanks for sharing this much-better-than-Manwich recipe."
"My family loved this even my picky 5 year old said she would eat in next time. I doubled it and only put 2tb of water because others said it was to wet."
"My entire family (along with 4 pick kids) love this recipe! I'll make it again and again and a gain...."
"This was the best! I will never use the can stuff again. I also added some celery seed and chili powder. Yummy!"
" if the flavor is good...then make it again, leave out the water and do not cover while simmering...that way some of the liquid would evaporate....I bet that would fix the problem "
"This is my favorite sloppy joe recipe. It is so simple even my husband can make it. It is a little saucy but the flavor is so good it makes up for it. It would be very easy to double or even triple for a larger family."
"Pretty good flavor, but way too saucy. Won't make this one again."