Sloppy Joe Sandwich Recipe
This time, editor Karen Ann Bland of Gove, Kansas shares a proven favorite, Sloppy Joe Sandwiches. "This recipe comes from a renowned local cook who was the lunchroom cook when my husband, Boyd, went to grade school," she reveals. "We now use it for our annual Gove Old Settlers Day supper in summer."
- 20 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3 cups chopped onions
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 gallon ketchup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hamburger buns
- 1. In several large kettles, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the next seven ingredients. Cover and simmer for 1 hour or until thickened and heated through; stirring occasionally. Serve on buns. Yield: 100 servings.
1 each: 197 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 551mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Sloppy Joe Sandwich
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC