Sloppy Joe Pasta Recipe
Since I found this recipe a few years ago, it's become a regular part of my menu plans. My husband and our four kids love this quick-to-fix dish.—Lynne Leih, Idyllwild, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:4-6 servings
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 envelope sloppy joe mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 package (7 ounces) small shell pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the sloppy joe mix, water, tomato sauce and paste; heat through. Remove from the heat; stir in pasta.
- 2. Spoon half into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with cottage cheese and remaining pasta mixture. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 291 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 904 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC