- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope sloppy joe mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 package (7 ounces) small shell pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the sloppy joe mix, water, tomato sauce and paste; heat through. Remove from the heat; stir in pasta.
- Spoon half into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with cottage cheese and remaining pasta mixture. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Sloppy Joe Pasta
"I made this tonight. I shortened it a bit by getting a can of man which. I added onion and green pepper to meat. I also added a layer of fresh spinach to the layers. Very quick and inexpensive that was enjoyed"
"My mother has been making this for over 30 years..A few differences in the recipe: Mix the cottage cheese in after you add the Large Shell Noodles to the sauce. Also mix in about 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese. Bake for 35 - 40 Minutes then top with cheese to your liking bake additional 10-15 minutes. If you mix this with Ragu you won't have Sloppy Joe Casserole. I usually double up on the recipe and serve with Salad. My family loves this and my husband loves the leftovers for lunch!"
"I originally found this recipe a couple of years ago in a Taste of Homes magazine and have been making it ever since. It's awesome and the kids really love this one as does everyone else. I always add a little parmesan in with the cheddar on top and it gives it just a little more depth."
"love this. One of the few casseroles I make that my husband actually requests."
"I am trying this tonight using a home made sloppy joe recipe. My kids will love it I am sure."
"I agree about it tasting like lasagna or a spaghetti bake. I will also use the jarred sauce next time (3 less ingredients to buy and store) and skip the extra steps and the dish will even be faster! It was tasty and easy-a new twist on spaghetti bake."
"We thought it tasted a lot like lasagna or a spaghetti bake. The flavor of the sauce is much like "Ragu". Next time I'm using the jarred sauce to save even more steps."
"I used ground turkey in place of the ground beef, and also used 12 oz. of low-fat cottage cheese. Instead of baking in the oven, I cooked it covered in the microwave for about 10 minutes. Very tasty."
"We liked it alot. Changed a couple of things, but very tasty!"
"Great flavor. Quick and easy!! My kind of meal."