- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope sloppy joe mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 package (7 ounces) small shell pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the sloppy joe mix, water, tomato sauce and paste; heat through. Remove from the heat; stir in pasta.
- Spoon half into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with cottage cheese and remaining pasta mixture. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Sloppy Joe Pasta
"I made this tonight. I shortened it a bit by getting a can of man which. I added onion and green pepper to meat. I also added a layer of fresh spinach to the layers. Very quick and inexpensive that was enjoyed"
"My mother has been making this for over 30 years..A few differences in the recipe: Mix the cottage cheese in after you add the Large Shell Noodles to the sauce. Also mix in about 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese. Bake for 35 - 40 Minutes then top with cheese to your liking bake additional 10-15 minutes. If you mix this with Ragu you won't have Sloppy Joe Casserole. I usually double up on the recipe and serve with Salad. My family loves this and my husband loves the leftovers for lunch!"
"I originally found this recipe a couple of years ago in a Taste of Homes magazine and have been making it ever since. It's awesome and the kids really love this one as does everyone else. I always add a little parmesan in with the cheddar on top and it gives it just a little more depth."
"love this. One of the few casseroles I make that my husband actually requests."
"I am trying this tonight using a home made sloppy joe recipe. My kids will love it I am sure."