Sloppy Joe Nachos
When my kids were little they loved these snacks they could eat with their fingers. It makes a great quick meal, tailgate food or "pig out" dish. —Janet Rhoden, Hortonville, Wisconsin
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) sloppy joe sauce
- 1 package (12 ounces) tortilla chips
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Add sloppy joe sauce; cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until
- heated through.
- Arrange tortilla chips on a serving plate. Top with meat mixture,
- cheese and olives if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (calculated without olives) equals 482 calories, 23 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 790 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.