Sloppy Joe Hash Browns
Golden brown hash brown patties get topped with beefy sloppy Joe mix and other tasty toppers. We used mozzarella, but cheddar, Monterey jack or American work just as well. Simple and Delicious Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 8 frozen hash brown patties
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) sloppy joe sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Cook hash browns in batches according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat
- until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the sloppy joe sauce, chili
- sauce and pepper; heat through.
- Place two hash brown patties on each plate; top with meat sauce,
- cheese, lettuce and tomato.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 532 calories, 25 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 976 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 31 g protein.