Sloppy Joe Hash Browns Recipe
- 8 frozen hash brown patties
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) sloppy joe sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1. Cook hash browns in batches according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the sloppy joe sauce, chili sauce and pepper; heat through.
- 2. Place two hash brown patties on each plate; top with meat sauce, cheese, lettuce and tomato. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 532 calories, 25g fat (8g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 976mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 7g fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for Sloppy Joe Hash Browns
"my family loves this, very easy!!!"
"This is so delicious! My son & i loved it! Easy, comforting & tasty!"
"I am not a big health nut...but this looks like it could be changed to be a little more healthy. Maybe instead of frying the hash browns, you could bake them. You could even place them in a pan and put sloppy joe meat on top and bake. Being sure to use low-fat meat would be good too. Tasty, yet a little to unhealthy."
"Great recipe for teens. My 15 year old son had his friends over and they asked for the recipe."