Golden brown hash brown patties get topped with beefy sloppy Joe mix and other tasty toppers. We used mozzarella, but cheddar, Monterey jack or American work just as well. Simple and Delicious Test Kitchen
- 8 frozen hash brown patties
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) sloppy joe sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Cook hash browns in batches according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the sloppy joe sauce, chili sauce and pepper; heat through.
- Place two hash brown patties on each plate; top with meat sauce, cheese, lettuce and tomato. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sloppy Joe Hash Browns in Simple & Delicious November/December 2008, p8
Reviews for Sloppy Joe Hash Browns
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review