- SLOPPY JOE TOPPING:
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 16 hot dogs
- 16 hot dog buns, split
- Warmed process cheese sauce and grilled onions, optional
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, celery, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato soup, brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, salt and garlic powder; heat through.
- Grill hot dogs, covered, over medium heat for 6-10 minutes or until heated through, turning occasionally. Serve on buns. Top each with 1/4 cup beef mixture. Top with warmed process cheese sauce and grilled onions if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Sloppy Joe Dogs
Sort By :
"Good stuff! Used it for sloppy joes as well, hence the name! We will make this again!"
"Where I'm from this is just hot dog sauce. Will try this one though. Maybe skip the cheese."
"Where I'm from this is a hot dog with chili....yum!!"
"This is excellent! I added teaspoon chili powder and 15 oz can tomato soup. Such a quick and tasty recipe to put on hamburger buns also."
"Made with Sabret Hot Dogs. Only one supermarket down here in the Big Bend carry them and they sell out fast. Wonderful Sloppy Joe recipe. Better than anything I had as a kid! I did the grilled onions and don't think you should leave them out."