Sloppy Joe Casserole
As a working mom, I need all the time-saving recipe I can get. My two sons prefer this all-in-one dish to sloppy joe sandwiches.—Carol Knight, Norris City, Illinois
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) sloppy joe sauce
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in the rice, sloppy joe sauce, corn, mushrooms and
- seasoned salt.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350°
- for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes
- longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 336 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 1,048 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 20 g protein.