Sloppy Joe Casserole Recipe
As a working mom, I need all the time-saving recipe I can get. My two sons prefer this all-in-one dish to sloppy joe sandwiches.—Carol Knight, Norris City, Illinois
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) sloppy joe sauce
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the rice, sloppy joe sauce, corn, mushrooms and seasoned salt.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 336 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 1,048 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 20 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC