Sloppy Joe Calzones Recipe
It’s a kid-friendly Friday night with these simple calzones. Chop the onion and pepper super-fine for your really picky eaters. Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, tomato paste, water, ketchup, oregano and salt.
- 2. Separate crescent dough into four rectangles; seal perforations. Spoon a fourth of the meat mixture onto half of each rectangle; sprinkle with cheese. Fold dough over filling; pinch edges to seal. Cut slits in tops.
- 3. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
1 calzone equals 961 calories, 47 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 116 mg cholesterol, 1,900 mg sodium, 83 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 45 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC