- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, tomato paste, water, ketchup, oregano and salt.
- Separate crescent dough into four rectangles; seal perforations. Spoon a fourth of the meat mixture onto half of each rectangle; sprinkle with cheese. Fold dough over filling; pinch edges to seal. Cut slits in tops.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Sloppy Joe Calzones
Sort By :
"I agree that the meat mixture was way to much. I ended up using 3 tubes of cersents. my 19 yr old son thought he could eat more than one too but once he polished off the first he was full. We added olives to ours and thought maybe adding some diced pepperoni might add more zip to them. Also some Italian season on the top as well. We talked about making them with chicken instead of of beef as well. Love them tough!!"
"My family loved these! I ended up freezing the left over meat mixture since I had so much. I made this again it about two weeks later using what I had frozen and it was still really good."
"I would likely not use crescent dough a second time but instead pizza dough so there are not so many seams. I found there was way too much filling too so would need more dough. The flavour was excellent."
"Sounds wonderful! Can they be made ahead and frozen?"
"These were easy to make and so flavorful. Very yummy!"