Sloppy Joe Burgers
The hamburger entree came from my mother, who is a real down-to-center country cook. Because it calls for a can of soup, there's no fussing. The filling can also double as a flavorful baked potato topping.Leann Jasper, Newmarket, Ontario
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- In a large skillet, brown the beef; drain. Stir in flour, soup and
- Worcestershire sauce until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir
- over medium heat for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve on buns.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 278 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 679 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.