The hamburger entree came from my mother, who is a real down-to-center country cook. Because it calls for a can of soup, there's no fussing. The filling can also double as a flavorful baked potato topping.—Leann Jasper, Newmarket, Ontario
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- In a large skillet, brown the beef; drain. Stir in flour, soup and Worcestershire sauce until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir over medium heat for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve on buns. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sloppy Joe Burgers in Country Woman March/April 1998, p39
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sloppy Joe Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review