Sloppy Joe BLT's Recipe
- 4 cups hearts of romaine salad mix
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup real bacon bits
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slices Italian bread (3/4 inch thick), toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the salad mix, tomato, cheeses and bacon. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper; spoon over salad mixture and toss to coat. Spoon about 3/4 cup over six bread slices; top with remaining bread. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Sloppy Joe BLT's
Sort By :
Delicious and fast!
My kids are not big fans of the traditional BLT's and they were leary of trying this recipe but they went ahead and tried it and now they want it all the time. I often use croiscant bread when I make them and I also add avocados and a smidge of 1000 island dressing.