Sloppy Dogs Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) sloppy joe sauce
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns, split
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1. In a large skillet, cook turkey and onion in oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in sloppy joe sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook hot dogs according to package directions. Place in buns; top with sloppy joe mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 398 calories, 23 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 1,108 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Reviews for Sloppy Dogs
"Maybe some people would like this recipe; but the combination of hot dog, sloppy joe meat and cheese just didn't taste good to me."