Sloppy Dogs Recipe
A can of sloppy sauce really speeds the preparation of these sassy saucy dogs. Sometimes we like to toast the buns and top the hot dogs with an Italian cheese blend for a slightly different taste. They're easy to freeze and heat up fast in the microwave for quick meals.
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) sloppy joe sauce
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns, split
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In a large skillet, cook turkey and onion in oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in sloppy joe sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook hot dogs according to package directions. Place in buns; top with sloppy joe mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sloppy Dogs in Quick Cooking July/August 2005, p37
Reviews for Sloppy Dogs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 9, 2009
"Maybe some people would like this recipe; but the combination of hot dog, sloppy joe meat and cheese just didn't taste good to me."