Slimy Red Goop Salad Recipe
This frightfully fun salad features cola, which adds to the bright, sparkling taste.
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cherry gelatin
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 3/4 cup cola
- 1. Drain mandarin oranges, reserving juice; set fruit aside. In a large saucepan, bring mandarin orange juice and water to a boil; remove from the heat. Stir in gelatin until dissolved. Stir in pie filling and cola.
- 2. Pour into a 1-1/2-qt. serving bowl. Refrigerate for 50 minutes or until slightly thickened. Fold in reserved oranges. Refrigerate 3 hours longer or until set. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 166 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 42 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC