Slim Southwest Deviled Eggs Recipe
When you're in the mood for some good finger food, try any one of these variations on deviled eggs. They are a cinch to fill and make a popular contribution to a potluck or brunch. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Jalapeno pepper slices, optional
- 1. Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set aside egg whites and four yolks (discard remaining yolks or save for another use).
- 2. In a large bowl, mash reserved yolks. Stir in mayonnaise, salsa, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Stuff or pipe into egg whites. If desired, garnish with pepper slices. Chill until serving. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 stuffed egg half: 40 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 91mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Slim Southwest Deviled Eggs
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC