VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Jalapeno pepper slices, optional
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set aside egg whites and four yolks (discard remaining yolks or save for another use).
- In a large bowl, mash reserved yolks. Stir in mayonnaise, salsa, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Stuff or pipe into egg whites. If desired, garnish with pepper slices. Chill until serving. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Slim Southwest Deviled Eggs in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2013, p20