When you're in the mood for some good finger food, try any one of these variations on deviled eggs. They are a cinch to fill and make a popular contribution to a potluck or brunch. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Jalapeno pepper slices, optional
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set aside egg whites and four yolks (discard remaining yolks or save for another use).
- In a large bowl, mash reserved yolks. Stir in mayonnaise, salsa, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Stuff or pipe into egg whites. If desired, garnish with pepper slices. Chill until serving. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Slim Southwest Deviled Eggs in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2013, p20
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Slim Southwest Deviled Eggs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review