Slim Southwest Deviled Eggs Recipe
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Jalapeno pepper slices, optional
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set aside egg whites and four yolks (discard remaining yolks or save for another use).
- In a large bowl, mash reserved yolks. Stir in mayonnaise, salsa, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Stuff or pipe into egg whites. If desired, garnish with pepper slices. Chill until serving. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Slim Southwest Deviled Eggs in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2013, p20
This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry and cherry. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Slim Southwest Deviled Eggs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review