Slim Deviled Eggs Recipe
Lighten up everyone's favorite potluck delicacy with this sinfully delicious deviled egg. See the April/May 2012 issue of Healthy Cooking magazine for 11 tasty variations. —Healthy Cooking Test Kitchen
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1. Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set aside egg whites and four yolks (discard remaining yolks or save for another use).
- 2. In a large bowl, mash reserved yolks. Stir in the mayonnaise, garlic powder, mustard, salt and pepper. Stuff or pipe into egg whites; sprinkle with paprika. Chill until serving. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 stuffed egg half equals 40 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 85 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC