Slim Deviled Eggs with Herbs
When you're in the mood for some good finger food, try any one of these sinfully delicious variations on deviled eggs. They are a cinch to fill and make a popular contribution to a potluck or brunch. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh dill sprigs, optional
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set aside egg whites and
- four yolks (discard remaining yolks or save for another use).
- In a large bowl, mash reserved yolks. Stir in mayonnaise, chives,
- parsley, tarragon, salt and pepper. Stuff or pipe into egg whites.
- If desired, garnish with dill. Chill until serving.
- Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 stuffed egg half equals 39 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 85 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.