Slim Curried Deviled Eggs Recipe
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons hummus
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained, optional
- 1. Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set aside egg whites and four yolks (discard remaining yolks or save for another use).
- 2. In a large bowl, mash reserved yolks. Stir in mayonnaise, hummus, curry powder, salt, pepper and cayenne. Stuff or pipe into egg whites. If desired, garnish with garbanzo beans. Chill until serving. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 stuffed egg half: 43 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 93mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (trace sugars, trace fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Slim Curried Deviled Eggs
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer