When you're in the mood for some good finger food, try any one of these sinfully delicious variations on deviled eggs. They are a cinch to fill and make a popular contribution to a potluck or brunch. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons hummus
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained, optional
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set aside egg whites and four yolks (discard remaining yolks or save for another use).
- In a large bowl, mash reserved yolks. Stir in mayonnaise, hummus, curry powder, salt, pepper and cayenne. Stuff or pipe into egg whites. If desired, garnish with garbanzo beans. Chill until serving. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Slim Curried Deviled Eggs in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2013, p22
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Slim Curried Deviled Eggs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review