Slim Crab Cake Deviled Eggs Recipe
When you're in the mood for some good finger food, try any one of these sinfully delicious variations on deviled eggs. They are a cinch to fill and make a popular contribution to a potluck or brunch. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 tablespoon minced sweet red pepper
- 2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced-sodium seafood seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- Additional sweet red pepper, optional
- 1. Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set aside egg whites and four yolks (discard remaining yolks or save for another use).
- 2. In a large bowl, mash reserved yolks. Stir in mayonnaise, crab, sweet red pepper, relish, seafood seasoning, salt, pepper and celery seed. Stuff or pipe into egg whites. If desired, garnish with sweet red pepper. Chill until serving. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 stuffed egg half equals 42 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 112 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC