Slim Crab Cake Deviled Eggs
When you're in the mood for some good finger food, try any one of these sinfully delicious variations on deviled eggs. They are a cinch to fill and make a popular contribution to a potluck or brunch. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 tablespoon minced sweet red pepper
- 2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced-sodium seafood seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- Additional sweet red pepper, optional
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set aside egg whites and
- four yolks (discard remaining yolks or save for another use).
- In a large bowl, mash reserved yolks. Stir in mayonnaise, crab, sweet
- red pepper, relish, seafood seasoning, salt, pepper and celery seed.
- Stuff or pipe into egg whites. If desired, garnish with sweet red
- pepper. Chill until serving.
- Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 stuffed egg half equals 42 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 112 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.