When you're in the mood for some good finger food, try any one of these sinfully delicious variations on deviled eggs. They are a cinch to fill and make a popular contribution to a potluck or brunch. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 tablespoon minced sweet red pepper
- 2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced-sodium seafood seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- Additional sweet red pepper, optional
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set aside egg whites and four yolks (discard remaining yolks or save for another use).
- In a large bowl, mash reserved yolks. Stir in mayonnaise, crab, sweet red pepper, relish, seafood seasoning, salt, pepper and celery seed. Stuff or pipe into egg whites. If desired, garnish with sweet red pepper. Chill until serving. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Slim Crab Cake Deviled Eggs in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2013, p20
Reviews for Slim Crab Cake Deviled Eggs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review