Slim Chutney Deviled Eggs
When you're in the mood for some good finger food, try any one of these sinfully delicious variations on deviled eggs. They are a cinch to fill and make a popular contribution to a potluck or brunch. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Chopped cashews and additional chopped green onion, optional
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set aside egg whites and
- four yolks (discard remaining yolks or save for another use).
- In a large bowl, mash reserved yolks. Stir in mayonnaise, chutney,
- green onion, salt and pepper. Stuff or pipe into egg whites. If
- desired, garnish with cashews and green onion. Chill until serving.
- Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 stuffed egg half equals 49 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 113 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.