Slim Asian Deviled Eggs
When you're in the mood for some good finger food, try any one of these sinfully delicious variations on deviled eggs. They are a cinch to fill and make a popular contribution to a potluck or brunch. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon sriracha Asian hot chili sauce or hot pepper sauce
- Fresh cilantro leaves, optional
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set aside egg whites and
- four yolks (discard remaining yolks or save for another use).
- In a large bowl, mash reserved yolks. Stir in mayonnaise, soy sauce,
- ginger, salt, pepper and hot sauce. Stuff or pipe into egg whites.
- If desired, garnish with cilantro. Chill until serving. Yield: 1
Nutritional Facts: 1 stuffed egg half equals 39 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 90 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.