Sliced Tomato Salad
I got this recipe from my grandmother. It's a perfect platter to serve with burgers or hot sandwiches. —Kendal Tangedal, Plentywood, Montana
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 large tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 large sweet onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Arrange tomatoes and onions on a large rimmed serving platter. In a
- small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle over top. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 94 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 159 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.