Sliced Tomato Salad Recipe
- 8 large tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 large sweet onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Arrange tomatoes and onions on a large rimmed serving platter. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper. Drizzle over top. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving equals 94 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 159 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Sliced Tomato Salad
"this recipe is a staple on my supper table in the summer..we have lots of tomatoes and this is one of my favorite ways to serve them..have also added diced cucumber to the side also.."
"This is a very simple yet refreshing salad and is perfect as is. Occasionally, if I am short on time, I will omit the dressing and use bottled fat free Italian dressing. You may also add sliced cucumbers, thin sliced zucchini, or sweet green peppers. It is an attractive and guilt free treat!"