Sliced Ham with Roasted Vegetables Recipe
To prepare this colorful, zesty oven meal, I "shop" in my backyard for the fresh garden vegetables and oranges (we have our own tree!) that spark the ham's hearty flavor. It's my family's favorite main dish.
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 5 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 medium turnip, peeled and cubed
- 1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
- 6 slices (4 to 6 ounces each) fully cooked ham, halved
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1. Line two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans with foil and coat with cooking spray. Add potatoes, carrots, turnip and onion; generously coat with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Arrange ham slices over the vegetables. In a bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Spoon over ham and vegetables. Cover and bake 10 minutes longer or until the ham is heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC