Sliced Brussel Sprouts with Pecans
Brussels sprouts cook quickly when they are thinly sliced. Chicken broth, sugar and pecans sweeten up their taste.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 pound fresh brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add brussels
- sprouts; saute for 2 minutes. Add the broth, sugar and salt; cover
- and cook for 5 minutes or until sprouts are tender, stirring
- occasionally. Sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 83 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 280 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.