Sliced Apple Fritters
Apple lovers will love these! They're good for breakfast or any meal.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 baking apples, peeled and thinly sliced (1/8-inch slices)
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, mix the first six ingredients. In a large skillet, heat
- oil over medium-high. Drip apples slices into batter and fry until
- golden brown, 3/4 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels. Dust
- with confectioners' sugar. Serve hot. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 289 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 281 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.