Slice-and-Bake Cookies Recipe
"I love this cookie dough since it's so versatile," relates Monica Gibbons of Dayton, Ohio. "You can add any kind of chips or nuts you like."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:15 servings
- 1 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups "extras" (any one or combination of the following: chocolate, butterscotch, toffee or peanut butter chips, chopped candied cherries or nuts)
- 1. In a bowl, cream shortening and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, salt and baking soda; add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in 1-1/2 cups "extras". Shape into a 15-in. x 2-in. roll; wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Chill 2 hours or up to 1 week.
- 2. To bake, cut into 1/2-in. slices. Place 3 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool 5 minutes; remove to wire racks. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 357 calories, 19 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 256 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC