Slice-and-Bake Cookies Recipe
"I love this cookie dough since it's so versatile," relates Monica Gibbons of Dayton, Ohio. "You can add any kind of chips or nuts you like."
- 1 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups "extras" (any one or combination of the following: chocolate, butterscotch, toffee or peanut butter chips, chopped candied cherries or nuts)
- 1. In a bowl, cream shortening and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, salt and baking soda; add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in 1-1/2 cups "extras". Shape into a 15-in. x 2-in. roll; wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Chill 2 hours or up to 1 week.
- 2. To bake, cut into 1/2-in. slices. Place 3 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool 5 minutes; remove to wire racks. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 357 calories, 19 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 256 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC