Slice 'n' Fry Potato Pancakes Recipe
When you want a break from ordinary potato pancakes, reach for this recipe. It makes quite a few servings, so you can feed a hungry crowd. But with such fantastic flavor, don't be surprised if they disappear quickly.Carl & Isobel Wanasek, Rogers, Arkansas
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled, cooked and shredded
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 to 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- Canola oil
- Applesauce, optional
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes, egg, onion, salt and pepper; stir in 3/4 cup flour. Add enough remaining flour to form a firm dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead for 1 minute. Shape into a 9-in. x 2-in. roll. Cut into 1/3-in. slices; roll into 4-in. circles. Fry in a small amount of oil until browned, about 4 minutes on each side. Serve with applesauce if desired. Yield: 27 pancakes.
Originally published as Slice 'n' Fry Potato Pancakes in Taste of Home December/January 1996, p47
Reviews for Slice 'n' Fry Potato Pancakes(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review