- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup each red and green candied cherries, chopped
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in raisins and cherries.
- Shape dough into two 2-in.-thick logs; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Cut logs into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews for Slice 'n' Bake Fruitcake Cookies
"Where is the nutritional info? Need to know the carb count."
"I made these last year for the holidays. They topped my list of goodies to sneak when no one was looking! Absolutely delicious!"
"This cookies are sooo good. I can't have just one ."
"This looks good and I would like to try it for the holidays"