Slice & Bake Orange Spice Wafers Recipe
These thin and crispy cookies stack well, making them a great gift to give. Ginger and orange complement the sweet and spicy flavor. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground allspice, cloves and nutmeg
- Additional sugar, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and corn syrup. Combine the flour, baking soda, ginger, orange peel, allspice, cloves and nutmeg; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Shape into four 6-in. rolls; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Unwrap and cut into 1/8-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with additional sugar if desired.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 5-6 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 16 dozen.
1 cookie (calculated without addtional sugar) equals 23 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 21 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Slice & Bake Orange Spice Wafers
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC