- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground allspice, cloves and nutmeg
- Additional sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and corn syrup. Combine the flour, baking soda, ginger, orange peel, allspice, cloves and nutmeg; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into four 6-in. rolls; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/8-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with additional sugar if desired.
- Bake at 400° for 5-6 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 16 dozen.
Reviews for Slice & Bake Orange Spice Wafers
Sort By :
"yes I would make them again,but I had to bake them longer,the taste is great"
"Tasteless. Store bought plain gingersnaps are better. The recipe sounded great but fell flat. Won't make again."
"I made these to put into the Christmas boxes of friends and loved ones...got great reviews and will be making them next Christmas for sure!! a real keeper"
"Has anyone tried this recipe? I was thinking of adding it to my Christmas cookie tray this year, but with only 2 tsp. orange peel in the whole recipe, I can't see how there would be much of any orange flavor to them."