Light and buttery, these delicate shortbread cookies are melt-in-your-mouth good. The coconut flavor makes them extra special. —Roberta Otto, Duluth, Minnesota
Featured In: 25 Recipes for Easter Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually beat flour into creamed mixture. Stir in coconut.
- Using a sheet of waxed paper, shape dough into a 12x3x1-in. rectangle. Wrap in waxed paper; refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 300°. Unwrap and cut dough crosswise into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 18-20 minutes or until edges are light golden. Cool on pans 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Slice & Bake Coconut Shortbread Cookies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p182
Reviews for Slice & Bake Coconut Shortbread Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review