- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually beat flour into creamed mixture. Stir in coconut.
- Using a sheet of waxed paper, shape dough into a 12x3x1-in. rectangle. Wrap in waxed paper; refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 300°. Unwrap and cut dough crosswise into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 18-20 minutes or until edges are light golden. Cool on pans 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews forSlice & Bake Coconut Shortbread Cookies
"The first time, I made the recipe exactly as printed and found the coconut flavor good, but the cookie a bit sweet for my taste, though others did not agree. The first day, the texture was good, but quickly became much softer than a shortbread should be. I next tried substituting an equal amount of unsweetened coconut, and the result was perfect. Good flavor, good texture. Thanks for sharing this easy recipe."