Slice & Bake Chocolate Pecan Cookies Recipe
Toasting the pecans makes a huge difference in the taste of these cookies. The double chocolate drizzle also satisfies my cravings for chocolate. They are so fancy looking your guests will think they came from the best baker in town!Lindsay Weiss, Overland Park, Kansas
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-2/3 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white baking chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans.
- Shape into four 6-in. logs; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap the dough and cut into 1/4-in. slices.
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt semisweet chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Repeat with white chips. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 8 dozen.
Originally published as Slice & Bake Chocolate Pecan Cookies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p78
Reviews for Slice & Bake Chocolate Pecan Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Cookies >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Low Carb Desserts >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >