- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-2/3 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white baking chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans.
- Shape into four 6-in. logs; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap the dough and cut into 1/4-in. slices.
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt semisweet chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Repeat with white chips. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 8 dozen.
Originally published as Slice & Bake Chocolate Pecan Cookies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p78
Reviews for Slice & Bake Chocolate Pecan Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review