Sleepy-Time Shakes Recipe
Besides the tangy pineapple juice kids will savor, another ingredient makes Dixie Terry's creamy beverage perfect to pour at a slumber party. "Since drinking milk at bedtime can have a tiring effect what could be better to give a group of energetic youngsters?" the Goreville, Illinois grandmother chuckles. "Just make sure the tea you add to this punch is decaffeinated!"
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup DOLE Canned Pineapple Juice
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sweetened instant ice tea
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 star fruit, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1. In a bowl, combine the ice cream, pineapple juice, milk, tea and sugar. Mix until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses; garnish with star fruit. Serve immediately. Yield: 7 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 444 calories, 17 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 130 mg sodium, 69 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC