Besides the tangy pineapple juice kids will savor, another ingredient makes Dixie Terry's creamy beverage perfect to pour at a slumber party. "Since drinking milk at bedtime can have a tiring effect what could be better to give a group of energetic youngsters?" the Goreville, Illinois grandmother chuckles. "Just make sure the tea you add to this punch is decaffeinated!"
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup DOLE Canned Pineapple Juice
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sweetened instant ice tea
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 star fruit, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- In a bowl, combine the ice cream, pineapple juice, milk, tea and sugar. Mix until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses; garnish with star fruit. Serve immediately. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Sleepy-Time Shakes in Country Woman January/February 2000, p20
Reviews for Sleepy-Time Shakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review