Replacing the standard lettuce and tomato toppings with a cool and creamy coleslaw makes this spicy breaded fish sandwich a meal-in-one, and healthier than what you might find in a drive-thru. —Healthy Cooking Test Kitchen
Featured In: Top 10 Grilled Fish Recipes
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 4 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1-1/2 cups coleslaw mix
- In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, garlic powder, cayenne and parsley. Coat fillets with bread crumb mixture.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill cod, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Grill buns over medium heat for 30-60 seconds or until toasted.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar and minced onion; stir in coleslaw mix. Serve cod on buns topped with slaw mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Slaw-Topped Fish Sandwiches in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2013, p97
Reviews for Slaw-Topped Fish Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review