Slaw-Topped Fish Sandwiches Recipe
Replacing the standard lettuce and tomato toppings with a cool and creamy coleslaw makes this spicy breaded fish sandwich a meal-in-one, and healthier than what you might find in a drive-thru. —Healthy Cooking Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 4 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1-1/2 cups coleslaw mix
- In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, garlic powder, cayenne and parsley. Coat fillets with bread crumb mixture.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill cod, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Grill buns over medium heat for 30-60 seconds or until toasted.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar and minced onion; stir in coleslaw mix. Serve cod on buns topped with slaw mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Slaw-Topped Fish Sandwiches in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2013, p97
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Slaw-Topped Fish Sandwiches(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Sandwich Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Grilled Cod >
- Grilled Fish >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >