Slaw for Two
FOR A soup and salad supper, a picnic or a buffet, this recipe can be modified to serve any number.
I often make it for just the two of us, and it works well. Tasty and colorful, it's a welcome addition to any meal.
-Sylvia Ford, Kennett, Missouri
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Salt to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine the cabbage, carrot, celery and green
- pepper. In another bowl, combine oil, mayonnaise, mustard, hot
- pepper sauce and salt; pour over vegetables and toss. Cover and
- chill for several hours. Stir before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 244 calories, 25 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 131 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.